Wednesday 23 January 2008

Training & Ribble

Well it's been a while since I last posted, but not much has happened. A couple of weeks ago while training at Mac's I tore the Plantar Faciia tendon in the bottom of my foot. I had only just got to training (after driving for an hour) and managed to do about 6 obstacles with Chip, when it felt like an elastic band snapping under the bottom of my foot. Well that was that and I limped out to the van and drove back home, I then spent the next week resting it totally and putting ice on it every 3hrs or so. I could hardly walk let alone run a dog and was quite disappointed as I was due to start working Tigg at club on the Wednesday. Anyway i didn't want anyone else to work Tigg as he is still a baby, so he didn't get to train, but I did manage to get Catherine to run Chip. He was a good boy for her, but did take the p..s abit on his contacts.
Foot is now alot better and I managed to work Tigg and Chip last week, I'm glad I worked Chip as this was his last training before going up to Ribble. Chip obviously knew I was not up to full fitness and he was soooo bad, I was not looking forward to Ribble with this wild merle.
Needless to say, he was still wild at Ribble and I got 3E's in the classes I ran, and Leah got 20th in the pairs running him with Eve's Dash, even though Chip had 2 poles and Dash had a refusal.
Tigg is going well at the moment and I have a got a training day lined up with him with Toni Dawkins and another with Natasha Wise. Must also make the time to go over to Nancy for some 1 on 1 as I do enjoy that and Nancy gives me ideas to go away with. Tigg is due out at the end of April and think his first show will be Lewes.

3 comments:

nellie-bean's blog said...

I did that years ago playing squash. It hurts! But it does heal - just take it easy and keep it raised as much as possible(try to)
Helen

OBay Shelties said...

Hi Sharon, I did that to my foot also! You are very lucky you can run on it already; it took me at least two months! Mine was caused by running barefoot; so don't ever do that! :-)

Karen said...

You poor thing Sharon, hope your foot is feeling better soon x