Thursday 31 January 2008

Up's and Downs

Tigg has now joined a class at Tenterden as upto now he had only been trained up my field on his own. The first week he was excellent and I was really pleased with all he did. I didn't do the full hour and put him away on a good note. Last week was a different story, he would not concentrate on anything, he kept sniffing the floor and eating the smallest piece of horse crap he could find and had forgotten how to weave. Anyway I put him back in the van as I really didn't want to continue with that sort of training. This week, I got him out and was obviously abit dubious about how he would behave, well he was great. I had set up the course that Nancy had posted, which meant we could do lots of little bits. We did a circuit on the contacts going twice round and his contact were the best they've ever been. Then we did a few jumping exercises, which involved scooping him inside me (which I haven't done alot of) and he was a star. Then we worked on wrong end of tunnels, this proved a little more difficult and I will need to go up the field and work on this. Then I put him through the weaves a couple of times on the lead, took him off and he was fine. I then put him away as I was very chuffed will all he had done. I did have a lesson booked with Nancy tomorrow, but now that we've got rain, unfortunately it will be too wet at Nancy's. I'm hoping I will be able to go sometime next week.
Anyway I've got a Toni Dawkins training day on Saturday and I'm working Chip, then I've got C-side on Sunday and I'm looking forward to that and so is Buzz as he's got veteran "AGILITY", yes he loves his contacts. Took Buzz into training last nite, just to remind him about his contacts, it just goes to show, you still have to put the work in even if they have semi retired. He broke his wait about 3 times and this is my dog that I would have said was 100% solid on his waits, but the fact that I have done no training with him (not even waits) shows. He then ran his dogwalk even though I had asked him to wait. He was very funny and was soooo pleased to be doing a little bit of agility. Anyway he's still sound this morning, so thats a good thing.

1 comment:

Paula said...

Looking forward to see them all on Sunday. Sounds like Tig's been talking to Tom about waits but being a good boy he's decidede to ignore him after all.